Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family - give me more

Visited my Uncle Ben (whom I haven't seen in 13ish years) his wife - Aunt Robin and his two sons, my cousins Jesse and Thom (and Jesse's girlfriend Lauren). I got there at 1:45 and left at 7pm. We spent five hours laughing and talking. As I was leaving it struck me how lucky I am. I always missed strong family connections growing up and in the past year have been blessed to realize it isn't ever too late. Uncle Ben is easily accessible by public transportation (only 13 dollars round trip and under 2 hours from my door to his), I LOVE my cousins, he served great red wine, Robin was incredibly warm and welcoming, and their dogs are super cute. But no treadmill. I guess their thoughtful consideration of my vegan diet, hilarity, and kindness will just have to suffice.

I still haven't worked out. ARGH!!!! I'm moodier, less energetic, even less organized, not to mention insecure and whiny. I had a very strategic plan for working out today and somehow ended up making pumpkin muffins instead. But I've been reading the Run with Dogs blog which is motivating and causes me to feel shame. I will run tomorrow. I will!!!! (unless I talk myself out of it - which I easily allow the frigid temps to do). I tried to emmulate my DC running group that originated with a craigslist posting but the results were disastarous. I never met up with the two people that responded but the one chick ended up being PSYCHO and sending me rambling tirades calling me stupid, harsh, attitudey, and a princess (even though she never met me). Ahhh...the joys of craigslist.



My sassy Saturday night was shopping at Harvest Coop in Cambridge. It took me 8 minutes to get there on the 64, but over an hour an half to get back. Bus schedules are like men - can't figure them out and just when you think you have - they change on you...with no notice. I spent over NINETY dollars at the grocery store. How do I do that????? Well....I buy things like a small bag of $6 vital wheat gluten because once I walk through the grocery store doors I enter a state of delusion. All the vegan organic products transport me to a fantasy world where I am going to made homemade seitan. It isn't until I am dragging the seriously heavy bags home that reality hits me, I won't. In my defense I bought cleaning supplies and vitamins.

No comments: