Sunday, March 2, 2008

Retraction

So not to long ago I wrote about the pitiful recycling bin situation in Boston - especially within the T stations. Since then I have noticed several green top, sheet plastic bag receptacles for recycling the newspaper. Which is great to see. Granted - they are always empty when I see them, there is no public awareness campaign to push the recycling, and there are still tons of newspapers littering the train and platform. BUT....I've got to be honest - they are there.

On an unrelated note I think Harvard Sq. is the smelliest T stop of all the ones I've been to. ugh! I would love to do a review of all the T stops on a given line. Maybe during the summer.

I'm very excited to get to know more of Boston. I just signed up to be a volunteer tour guide for Boston by Foot. (more details to come after I start the 6 week training.) Starting in April I will be attending Saturday lectures about significant historical and architectural sites. The class runs from 10-3pm, I have to write 4 papers (3 to 5 pages), and I will have a final exam. Then I am off - I will be giving 6 tours between May and October. If you visit me up here in Boston I'll be able to give you a 12 dollar tour for free. If that (plus me) isn't incentive to visit I don't know what is!

No comments: