Thursday, May 24, 2007

The good, the yummy, and the perplexing

Technology - How do I add music to myspace? And I how do I add a little picture to the "about me" section of my blog? Also, I don't like the large green borders surrounding my posts. I think technology is a vital exciting tool - but make no mistake, I don't think it is effortless!

Lunch - half a can of refried beans mixed with premade pineapple chipolte salsa and tortilla chips. With an orange (the iron in beans is better digested when vitamin c is eaten at the same meal) and a side of broccoli. Craving fulfilled.

Good News - Immigration is a hot button topic. Being an immigrant myself I am firmly on the side of 'the more the merrier'. I understand though that many Americans see immigrants as usurpers of resources. This article is one example of how immigrants can revitalize a community that NO ONE is interested in. There is very little good news coming out of Detroit but yesterday's Detroit News touted "A Detroit Success Story: Can-do Spirit Revives Southwest Neighborhood". Apparently it is the "only neighborhood in the city that has seen population growth over the past decade" and "the immigrant community has been an economic driver". I hope that is a consideration in the debate over border security (walls and guns) and work visas (give us your cheap labor and get out).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK...your myspace help is here:

Music: Go to the music link at the top by home, search, browse...etc. Click on it. On the right hand side type in the artist that you want by where it says "search". It will then pull up pages that match your artist search. Click on their pages. usually on the right hand side you will see a "myspace player," below the song that you want on the right hand side you will see "add" click on it (for the song you want). Then it will take you to another screen that says "are you sure you want to add song XXX to your profile" click yes. Boom, you now have music.

Pictures: Go to www.photobucket.com. You will need an account. Upload your pic. Then highlight the tag line that is the second one down underneath your picture once the site has uploaded it. Copy and paste that link into what ever section you want for your myspace profile.

Hope this makes sense. Hope it helps.

I didn't forget your birthday, just looking for the gift that I want to get you, nothing big but I can't find it. It's on the way. I figure if you get it late, then that just means you get you celebrate your birthday for one more day.

later skater
Michelle.