Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Technology: I am getting ready to start playing with Flickr. Considering I have only owned a camera for three weeks now - and taken about 10 pictures this should be quite the adventure. Any tips/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Lazy Lunch: I went to the Shakespeare Free for All last night - Loves Labor Lost. Awesome! But got home too late to make lunch. Plus I am "dieting" for my ten year reunion next weekend - which means eating about 2000 calories instead of 2500. AHH!!! So I opened a can of white beans, drained them, seasoned them homegrown chives, balsamic vinegar, a little olive oil, salt and pepper and put it on a bed of spinach. I am having a nectarine for dessert. I'd rather be eating peanut butter

Good News: Any success story concerning minorities and higher education is one that deserves special attention. This report focuses on successes at UMBC - especially with "black math and science majors". Hopefully that model can be applied to increasing Hispanic graduation. The Pew Center notes that "young Hispanic undergraduates are half as likely as their white peers on campus to finish a bachelor's degree". But this is the good news so go ahead and read "A Magnetic Force" and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

I was at the Free for all last night with my daughter! Great show, perfect night, but too late home to do anything.

Small world.

Kitty