Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm already confused

Okay.....my foray into 'web 2.0' has officially begun.
I thought the set-up was a little complicated. What is a display name and how is it different from a blog title versus a blog address? And what is the advanced set-up? I obviously bypassed that option. (and this is supposed to be as simple as it gets)
So here is the mission statement of my blog:
"To be an distinctive account of my personal journey into the realm of a new career (librarian) & technology (web 2.0); while documenting my particular attempts to live a life of faith, integrity, with social and civic responsibility (vegan who buys eco friendly fair trade). I will also endeavor to include positive reports on education, teenagers, and immigrants (since there is so much negative) and relay easy recipes for lunch"

Lunch - I love the vegan lunchbox and I actually love to prepare food but unfortunately don't have that type of time! So here is an easy one....cored apple with peanut butter (a must) spread in the center and a can of chickpeas (rinsed) and marinated in Bragg's liquid aminos.

Good News - The Washingtonpost education column (5/22/07) "Why AP and IB Schools Soar" highlights the successful efforts of Preuss school on UCSD's campus. "Preuss is the only school on the list where every single student is classified low-income, and yet it is also one of the few schools in which every graduating student has gotten at least one passing grade on one AP test." That has to be a good thing.

No comments: