Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My last DC moments


I really really love this town. If I'd been here for more then 13 months I would have pretended it was my hometown. And who's to say I won't return. The intellectual fervor, the activism and foment, the abililty to live car free - this was my kinda town.
There is so much I want to say about my last few days here ~ the great samosas at Indique, the incredible jazz club HR-57, the thoughtful vegan luncheons on Saturday and Sunday hosted by carnivores nonetheless, the absolutely amazing people I met in my very brief time here. But when I think about the past year it is really last night that I hope stays with me forever.
I went to the final screen on the green for the summer of 2007- a showing of Casablanca. The weather was perfect and the pasta salad was delicious. The company of friends was fun (though a few were missed) and the movie.....well, the movie was classic. This is the memory I hope to hold near and dear to my heart whenever I think of DC.

Here's looking at you kid

No comments: