Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Earth Vegan Lodge Boots - ON SALE

I have multiple email addresses: two gmail, one hotmail, several university emails. I check my gmail address several times a day (borders on addiction) and typically neglect the others. For some reason I was motivated to check my hotmail account today (the following story is too superficial to attribute it to divine intervention). Reading through my emails I found that I had a beautifully glorious email from Gaiam saying that Earth Vegan Lodge Boots were on sale. Normally $159, they are being sold until midnight EST time tonight for $99.

You don´t understand - I have been visiting mooshoes website for weeks now drooling over these boots. They are so much more then I can afford, but I will never forget walking around Boston´s icy streets while visitng the ex last winter, my feet were so cold I thought I needed hospitalization. If I want a shot at happiness in Boston, I need these boots (or so I have convinced myself). I even tried to cajole my mom into visiting Mooshoes grand opening and buying them for me - at a 15% discount, to no avail. (my mom hates shopping so it was like trying to tempt me to eat a corndog). I just looked on zappos yesterday to see if I could get them cheap. People - I am moving to Boston, practically the tundra - I need snowboots. On zappos they were 162.95 - with free shipping. I determined to hit up family members for gift certificates and wait it out.

Once I received that email I knew I had to buy them, there would be no waiting for me. My only dilemma was whether I should buy them in tan or black. (I chose tan - more likely to stain but cuter). I dug out my creditcard (which thanks to mom and pops hasn´t seen much use the four months I´ve been in Brasil) and I went on line to make a selfish, completely indulgent purchase. It didn´t work!?! But never fear, that did not stop me. I called the tollfree number and had them sent to my parents house. Total (drumroll please) = $110.95. Still too much but what is debt for if not warm toes and cute boots?

I don´t post on other blogs, I´m not really tapped in to the online vegan community, and I´m not really an animal rights activist (much more into the rights of humans). BUT....I´ve never been so sad that I don´t have vegans to share this information with. I can only hope and pray that some deserving vegan stumbles onto this information by 12:00amEST December 13th.

One more incentive to return to the states and this will help offset my incredible sadness in leaving Brasil. I can´t wait to try those babies on. I wish I could figure out a way to post a picture of these boots on my blog (vanessa - help me!)

Oopppsss....hold on. I just realized I forget to check if they have PVC or are made in China. Ugh!!! Must resist environmentally unfriendly explotation of human labor....but....i want them, i want them. Please let them not have been assembled by small children in dark windowless rooms. Please! I´ll let you know what I find.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

lmao, glad to indulged yourself! Another great site to check out for shoes, boots and more is http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/women/vegan+boots/search.aspx