Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Free school is cool!

Technology: Really, what is a widget? I just don't get it. I did check out Birmingham's Myspace page (which has a "widget") and that is pretty cool!

Lunch (by others): Thanks to the roomie who prepped a chickpea salad last night. It was a yummy lunch today. Ingredients (I'm guessing here) - chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, that pizza spice mix she loves so much, and maybe chives. I usually hate cucumbers but they were good in the mix. I had diced fresh mango as a side and an apple and peanut butter for desert. I would love to eat only local produce but just think of all the foods I would have to forsake, mangoes, peanuts!, bananas, kiwis, rice, coconut milk.......the list goes on.

Good News: Someone is finally addressing the insane costs of tuition! Being a graduate student I am acutely aware of the ridiculous price tag for higher education. Maybe this plan (free community college for all residents of MA) isn't really feasible but so what? Yeah to governor Deval Patrick for bringing it to the table.

No comments: