Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Overcoming tremendous odds

Technology: I think I wrote enough on Monday....

Vantastic and Vugly: I made an organic lemon cake mix with no eggs. I used tofu as a replacement. Not quite the same thing. Dry and not nearly as tasty = vugly results. On the other hand, Earth Balance, a vegan margarine alternative is VANTASTIC. I have always loved butter, like really really loved it. I used to (and sometimes still do) eat saltines with butter as an after school snack. Absolutely no nutritional value but yummy. Just yummy.

Good News: Have you ever seen the show Intervention? I often despair for those with addictions. It just seems like such an impossible obstacle to battle. An many don't win the battle. Kimberly Woo did, and now may even attend Harvard. Her story is about dedication and hard work. It's the kind of story that makes me feel good and gives me a little hope about the power of anyone to overcome addiction.

No comments: