Monday, July 2, 2007

What I know best

Restructuring: I think I am par my blog down to one essential component - my vegan product reviews. I don't really know enough about technology to comment on it and I don't teach anymore so it's hard for me to stay updated on the happenings within the field. I am currently a vegan and use vegan related products in my every day life, so here goes....

VUGLY!: I hate StickyFingers. No, really I do. I go in two or three times a week and as a result my disdain grows. On Saturday when I went into the store I observed that they hardly put any icing on their trademark (and dry) sticky fingers anymore. Instead they sell a side of frosting for 50 cents. Highway robbery. I went in yesterday and the same vanilla and Oreo cake are being offered for over $4.00 a slice and have been there for over a week. But the worst travesty is that their breakfast sandwich is now $4.00. Have you seen and/or tasted those things? They are NOT worth four dollars. I always wanted to open a bakery and now I am more motivated then ever. Natural Gourmet School here I come! Vegans fawn over "that" bakery and my intense dislike of it borders on treason but I can't help it. If you saw the veggie parmesan they were offering yesterday, at exorbitant prices you would understand (disgusting). Stick to Java Green and Sweet - n - Natural. They were plum out of goodies Saturday but it is tons better.

VANTASTIC: Tofurky Italian sausage. Who would have though it? I typically don't like fake veggie products. Fake cheese = nasty. Fake cheeseake = pretty gross. But Tofurky Italian Sausages (not Kielbasa) = vantastic goodness. I eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner - not all three since a package of four is almost 5 dollars. Now once I can find a bun with no added sugar or corn syrup, then I'll really be in heaven!

1 comment:

usa kingy said...

Tofurky Italian sausages:

$2.99 in trader joes (they only have the sundried tomato ones though