Thursday, July 19, 2007

Goodbye Lunch

In preparation for my last day of work - a month from now - some of my favorite coworkers took me out to lunch. Awwww.....how sweet! And they made the extra effort of locating a restaurant that caters to veg and meat eaters alike. I really work with an amazing group of people at CUA Libraries. We went to Mark's Kitchen in Takoma Park. I really like the small town slightly run down atmosphere of Takoma Park. Mark's Kitchen was definitely a no frills great deal. The waitress was slow and surly but the food came quick. But, our waitress did know her stuff. I almost ordered the veggie bacon, lettuce, and tomato but she quickly informed me the veggie bacon has egg whites. I appreciated that bit of information. So instead I ordered tofu and avocado club - which at 6.75 was a pretty good deal. The sandwich was large and came with a side of roasted potatoes. I had enough left over for dinner that night. Vantastic. Some other coworkers ordered me a peanut butter fudge cake from my great nemesis - StickyFingers. And who can blame them - I love peanut butter and vegan food. What other option did they have? I actually had brought that cake in on my birthday, before my SF boycott began. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I refuse to purchase SF's goods and that the cake is really all about chocolate and too little about pb. It was the thought that counts and for that they are most definitely vantastic. I'll miss working with these people, they are great. But I'm sure being in Brasil will lessen the sadness. Teehee! The interesting question is what will it be like to be vegan in Brasil...I'll keep you posted!

No comments: