Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Carnivores and vegans unite....for dinner!


My beloved carnivore and I made this fantastic meal Sunday evening. He loves pasta salad - I never have until my roommate - Moose - made a vantastic sampling for our Shakespeare Free for All at Carter Baron (a truly great place). But he really only knows pasta salad as a gross creamy concotion. I had to show him the light. All he had was white pasta, which I haven't eaten with any frequency for almost five years, but I was willing to make do. We added some tomatoes, red peppers (perfectly diced thank you very much), and onion. Our dressing was an awesome Annie's Naturals Balsamic Vinaigrette, which contains honey. Since my primary motivation for my vegan lifestyle is not animal rights I just don't want to give up honey. Period. Anywho, he also grilled me some vegan grillers topped with avocado and spicy mustard, he ate turkey (gag me) burgers. The man also prepped homemade fries on the grill. I would have preferred sweet potato fries but again the meal was vantastic. I wish I had brought some pasta salad home with me.

No comments: