Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Don't cook much...but eat a lot!



Vantastic: My roomie bought Wasa crackers last night and I ate them with store bought hummus. Between flying home at 6 in the morning and working until 6:30pm (and the 90+ temp with about that much humidity) I was not about to turn on the oven and cook. It was filling and vantastic really. When I was in Boston I went to Haymarket. I was mostly disappointed, the produce prices were great and the vendors were authentic representations of Boston attitude, but the food wasn't local. And the $2 lb of cherries yielded less then 2 ounces of consumable fruit. There was a Halal market that sold all types of bread, in addition to nasty meats, olives, etc. I tried out the Armenian bread - Matnakash - from Christopher's Bakery (2 Lewis St. Lynn, MA - (781)632-6773) and loved it.
By the way - several people have sent me the NYTimes article about hipster librarians. I hate any kind of pigeon hole, I don't spin records, go to concerts, or dress that fashionably, but I'm still cool (I like to think). Check it out if you haven't and support your public library!

No comments: