Thursday, July 12, 2007

Job preparation


Seeing as I plan on being a librarian I better get to doing some book reviews.
Vantastic: I love this book - "Peanut Butter Planet". If you have any sort of nut allergy this book, and this blog really, are not for you. It is a vegetarian cookbook, that is in essence vegan. Ingredients such as milk are listed with soy milk as an alternative. Each recipe lists serving sizes and nutritional information that I something that I look for in purchasing cookbooks. The preparation times aren't listed, unfortunately, but the recipes I've made have been easy and relatively quick - under an hour. I've made the sweet potato and peanut stew, curried chickpea stew, peanut macaroni pie, and peanut banana bread. The two stews were phenomenal. The most exotic spices called for were cumin and curry, and those hardly qualify as exotic anymore. The preparation I made was relatively straightforward and the taste was vantastic. The other two recipes were less delicious but still fun. I highly recommend this book and will keep you updated on future forays into the peanut butter planet.

Note of caution: one recipe "linguine with spicy peanut pesto" calls for thai bird chile, lemongrass, and thai basil which will be more difficult to locate at the local grocery store.

No comments: