Tuesday, June 19, 2007

When I eat vegetarian I'm wishing it was vegan

Technology: I wish I had more time to blog. I am going to figure out how to add the library thing widget to my blog. Zenaida has provided a suggestion that I just need the time to follow up on...


Vugly or Vantastic? I have decided to start reviewing the fabulous and not so fabulous vegan products - food and otherwise - in my life. I was in SC this weekend and I will admit that I definitely ate food and wore sunscreen that was not vegan. Life is a balance. Given my preference I would be all local, organic, fair trade, and sustainable each waking moment - which is best supported by veganism in my opinion. So it is what I strive for and hopefully these reviews will help. If I love it it is vegan fantastic - Vantastic and if I don't it is vegan ugly - Vugly. So here is the first: Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza is vantastic. I love pizza and this is a great vegan option. It is flavorful, delicious and heats up quickly.

Good News: I often ponder how to live a life of purpose and meaning. I want to live each moment dedicated to community involvement and global causes. I am definitely not there yet but this story about girls that started an organization to spend time in Hispaniola was inspirational. Too often we relate stories of teenage consumerism, misbehavior, and apathy. Given just a little direction, a lot of support, and a role model (their mom has a non-profit, Infante Sanos, dedicated to prenatal health care in the region) - teens can and will do amazing things!

No comments: