Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Teachers rock!

Technology: I created my resume in publisher - and I think it is pretty darn cool. But now trying to print it is such a hassle. And I hate how limiting posting a resume is online - it doesn't allow for creative and alternative formats. That is what web 2.0 is all about!

Vantastic: I really LOVE shoes, but when I became a vegetarian and gave up leather that greatly limited my selection. (I hate cheesy vinyl) And then I became intensely concerned about fair trade and sweatshops I never thought I would find another pair of cute shoes again. Until I stumbled upon mooshoes. They are a company in NYC specializing in vegan shoes. Their focus is not labor conditions and environmental preservation - which are number top priorities but you can still find hot vegan labor friendly shoes there. Pricey - but really outstanding in the looks department. I just love the Bridget Black. Now if only if I could afford to buy them!

Good News: Yesterday was rough. I read about a teacher that tried to kill a student he slept with, a teacher that bugged another teacher's classroom, a student accused a music teacher of using profanity extensively in the classroom, and a teacher that accepted bribes to let people out of detention early. Not a stellar day for the profession. So here is a bright spot to counter all that negativity! The teachers of Samuel W. Mason elementary school are making a difference. So much so the governor of Massachusetts wants other schools to follow their lead. Go teachers!

No comments: