Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Scratchy Throat

Technology: I signed up for bloglines yesterday - in anticipation for Week #4 of our library web 2.0 pilot program - and love it! I still don't quite understand RSS feeds but I do like that it will make my "good news" segment easier to troll for.

Lunch: I don't feel good today. I have a sandwhich and soup (courtesy of a can). I don't know why people think it is hard to be a vegan.

Good News: This will be controversial I am sure, but here goes: New Haven has approved id's for illegal immigrants. I think the difference between me and most Americans is that when I think of illegal immigrants I think of hard working Central and Southern Americans doing the work that no one else wants to do. When Americans think of illegal immigrants they seem to think of the terrorists that attacked the World Trade Center. To me terrorists and illegal immigrants are two different subjects. Maybe they are thinking of "my illegals" - why else would they propose a wall between countries? I just don't understand the vehement hatred and disdain that so many Americans have for foreigners - illegal or otherwise. I hope I don't ever understand.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

i'm a super blogliner... i have 60 or so feeds that i TRY to keep up with daily... its very addicting :-)